Monday, January 30, 2006

Knitty's Boogie Vest

I love this vest! I am really happy how well it turned out. Although it wasn't hard at all, the knitting was a bit monotonous. The only problem I have is that, due to the nature of stockinette stitch, the armholes tend to curl in a bit even after blocking with heat...perhaps I should try wet blocking. The vest is made of 8 skeins of Knitpicks' wool yarn in Mulled Wine color. I am tempted to make another one in cotton as a tanktop for summer since it looks quite good worn alone....will post a pic of that later.

Sorry if my expression looks a bit weird (as I always do in my knitting pictures!)...it was about 1:45 am so I was tired and excited at the same time. Guess what I'm wearing to school today ;P





4 Comments:

At 9:44 AM, Blogger Auntie Amanda said...

Ohhh...that is too pretty. I cannot believe I have never noticed that on Knitty before!

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger lidia said...

ooooohh!!!!!! i LOVE the color that you used!!!! goes great with your blouse! now i'm seriously considering making that one - just because of the color!!! :)

thanks for your comment on craftster (the grandma's sweaters:)); i'm posting the comment here 'cause blogger is much faster for me.

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger Coleen said...

That is really cute! I love the cables and the color. And I agree with Lidia - it goes great with that blouse!

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger Leah said...

Wow! That looks so great! I love the color! I think I may need to add that to my queue!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home